An International Pro Stock Tour with events in New England and Canada.
|| 2004 Schedule | Roster | Results & Photos | Points | Press Releases | Rules | Purses | Licenses | Sponsors ||
Thompson International Speedway
Saturday, October 2nd
|Mulkern Wins Octoberfest 100|
|Falmouth Maines Scott Mulkern
powered his Community Pharmacies Dodge past Ben Rowe to take the lead on lap 36 of
Saturdays Pro All Stars Octoberfest 100 at Thompson (CT) International Speedway and
kept Rowe in rear view mirror to score his first Pro All Stars Series feature win. Rowe
gave the kernel all he could handle in the final two-thirds of the race but
Mulkern was up to the challenge, beating Rowe to the line by just .209 seconds. Mulkern is
the tenth different PASS feature winner of 2004 and joins Richie Dearborn and Ted
Christopher on the list of first time PASS race winners this season. Defending Octoberfest
winner Mike Rowe crossed the line in third on his sons back bumper and Cassius Clark
raced home fourth for his 3rd top five finish in his last four starts. Tracy Gordon
rounded out the top five, with Larry Gelinas sixth, Travis Benjamin seventh, Gege Gravel
eighth and 2004 Pro All Stars Series Champion Johnny Clark ninth. Travis Kheil completed
the top ten.
Mulkern was fastest in Sunoco Race Fuel Time Trials, recording a lap of 19.509 seconds around Thompsons high banks to beat out Ben Rowe (19.642) seconds for the honors. Ted Christopher (19.644), Gordon (19.695), Gelinas (19.741) Richie Dearborn (19.747), Rick Martin (19.760), Johnny Clark (19.763) Cassius Clark (19.802) and Benjamin (19.816) were the fast ten that advanced to the Pole Dash. It was Martin over Christopher in the dash, setting up a rare all southern New England front row for the feature with Ben Rowe third, Cassius Clark lining up fourth, Mulkern inside row three and Richie Dearborn to his outside. Gelinas, Johnny Clark, Gordon and Benjamin completed the first five rows for the feature.
At the green Christopher won a drag race with Rick Martin to grab the race lead and Ben Rowe quickly dispatched Martin to claim second spot. Early on it looked like Christopher might repeat his winning July performance, but Rowe made a move on the bottom stick and took over the point on lap nineteen. Meanwhile, Mulkern had worked his way up to third and was chasing down the front pair. Mulkern took second away from Chrsitopher on lap twenty six and was eating away at Rowes ten car length lead. One of the evenings three cautions flew on lap thirty-five for Gary Smiths day-ending spin, setting up the deciding restart for Rowe and Mulkern. When the green flew Mulkern made what was to be the race winning move on Rowe to claim the victory. Christopher fell victim to a flat right rear tire while running third and came home twenty-sixth at the finish.
Johnny Clarks ninth place finish was more than enough to earn the Farmingdale Maine racer his first Pro All Stars Series Championship. Unofficially, Clark unseated two time and defending PASS Champion Ben Rowe by a margin of thirty-eight points.
Mike Rowe and Travis Kheil earned heat race wins, and 2004 PASS/Northern Race Tires Rookie of the Year Donnie Whitten capped his rookie campaign by capturing rookie of the race honors for his twelfth place finish.
Prior to the start of the Octoberfest 100, The Cumberland Farms You Pick the Race contest winner was drawn and Yvette Reed of Lunenburg Massachusetts was the lucky winner. Yvette wins two tickets, airfare and hotel accommodations to the race of her choice in 2005, courtesy of the Pro All Stars Series and Cumberland Farms.
While the fifteen race points paying season is wrapped up, many Pro All Stars Series teams will travel to Autodrome Montmagny Quebec on Saturday October 9th for the $26,000.00 (U.S.) All Star Challenge 200, Sponsored by Autobus la Quebecoise. Time trials get the green at 1:30 PM. For more information, please visit www.ProAllStarsSeries.com .
Official Order of Finish Pro All Stars Series race #15 PASS Octoberfest 100 Thompson International Speedway E.Thompson CT 10/2/04
1) 84 Scott Mulkern, Falmouth ME - Community Pharmacies Dodge
2) 00 Ben Rowe, Turner ME - Mechanical Services Chev
3) 24 Mike Rowe, Turner ME - K&K Excavating/Lux Ent. Chev
4) 8 Cassius Clark, Farmington ME - E.J. Prescott/DNK Ford
5) 14G Tracy Gordon, Strong ME - CAP Trust Financial/SNF Crane Chev
6) 37 Larry Gelinas, Scarborough ME - Digbys Variety Chev
7) 17 Travis Benjamin, Morrill ME - Belfast Variety Ford
8) 54G Gege Gravel, Groton MA - Downeast Drilling/Eliminator Inc. Chev
9) 54 Johnny Clark, Farmingdale ME - DNK Select Used Cars/Clarks Cars and Parts Chev
10) 24K Travis Kheil, Denmark ME - Frechette Tire/K&W Timberlands Chev
11) 14 Rick Martin, Westport MA - G. Lopes Construction Chev
12) 83 Donnie Whitten, Biddeford ME - Richard Moody & Sons Construction Chev
13) 1M Norm Wrenn, Nashua NH - Lamoreaux Ford Chev
14) 37W Scott Watts, Seabrook NH - Watts Race Cars Chev
15) 55 Bobby Cabral, E. Kingston NH - RAM Printing WDW Machine Chev
16) 15 Chris Perley, Danbury CT - Lamontain Bros. Chev
17) 48 Chuck Docherty, Northbridge MA - Superior Oil/Morrisette Burner Service Ford
18) 33 Richie Dearborn, Hollis ME - Chadwick BaRoss/Dayton Sand and Gravel Chev
19) 35 Garry Johnson, Hollis ME - Johnson Trucking/Watson Racing Heads Chev
20) 73 Chris Ross, Malta NY - Archibee Construction Chev
21) 70 Walt Sutcliffe, East Haven CT - Chev
22) 18 Michael Rutkamp, Wilton CT - Mercury Sports Energy Chev
23) 0 Dennis Maxfield, Fitchburg MA - Dunkin Donuts Chev
24) 24X Gary Drew, Otisfield ME - Pullen Heavy Industries Chev
25) 43 John Studley, Raynham MA - Circle Performance Ford
26) 34 Ted Christopher, Plainville CT - North East Recycling Chev
27) 32 Luke Fernald, Great River NY - Chev
28) 2 Todd Patnode, Swanzey NH - Patnode Oil Chev
29) 81 Alan Tardiff, Lyman ME - Tardiffs Garage Chev
30) 47 Corey Williams, Boothbay ME - Midnight Oil Co. Chev
31) 66 Andy Shaw, Ctr, Conway NH - Stan Morris Construction /Currier Auto Group Chev
32) 12 Liane Lombardi, Manchester CT - Sunoco Race Fuel Chev
33) 42 David Macomber, Maryville NY - Chev
34) 97 Walt Hammond, Canaan NH - Carpet Mill Chev
35) 3 Mike Maietta Sr., So. Portland ME - Maietta Construction Chev
36) 81x Todd Owen, Somers CT - Cooker Construction Chev
37) 75 Gary Smith, Bangor ME - UncleHenrys.com Chev
| Schedule | Roster | Results & Photos | Points | Press Releases | Newsletters | Rules | Purse |
Series Contact: Tommy Mayberry - (207) 693-6497
PASS Webmaster & Photographer: Norm Marx