Rolls on at Speedway 95
Turner Maines Ben
Rowe powered past Sam Sessions on the initial start in Saturday nights Pro All Stars
Series AutoDealer Magazine 150 at Speedway 95 and led all 150 laps to capture his seventh
Pro All Stars Series victory of 2003 for Tom and Eileen Estes Mechanical
Services/Superior Image Embroidery racing team. Rowe turned back challenges from Sessions,
Andy Saunders and Scott Chubbuck to score the win Chubbuck raced his way from eighth on
the starting grid to capture the runner-up spot in the Cushman Competition Ford and
Sessions came home third in his Call of the Wild RV Chevrolet. Cassius Clark climbed from
fourteenth on the starting grid to finish fourth in the S&S Transportation Ford while
Richie Dearborn earned the fifth spot in the Chadwick BaRoss Monte Carlo.
Johnny Clark overcame an early pit stop to finish sixth in the DNK Select/AutoDealer
Magazine Chevrolet and Scott Mulkern was seventh in the Community Pharmacies Dodge. Larry
Gelinas crossed the stripe in eighth with Randy Turner and Mike Rowe rounding out the top
ten. Andy Saunders strong run was negated when he received the black flag for jumping a
restart. He was scored 20th in the unofficial final results.
Saunders topped the thirty drivers who answered the call for Sunoco Race Fuels time trials
with a lap of 14.860 seconds, edging out Sessions by .025 seconds. Turner, Ben Rowe,
Gelinas, Wayne Helliwell, Mike Rowe, Chubbuck, Travis Benjamin and Mulkern were the ten
fastest. Sessions captured the fast car dash to earn the pole position for the feature.
Heat race victories went to Johnny Clark, Richie Dearborn and Dave Gorveatt. Matt Eaton
was the consi winner. Travis Kheil earned the Northern Race Tires Rookie Challenge award
for his seventeenth place run.
The Pro All Stars return to Wiscasset Raceway on Sunday September 7th for the Team EJP
150, the first monza-style segment race in series history. Qualifying will utilize the
traditional PASS format of time trials, heat races and a consolation round to set the
starting filed for the first 50- lap round. Segments two and three will see all lead lap
cars inverted based on their finish in the previous segment. The overall win goes to the
driver who accumulates the least number of points in all three segments with one point
awarded for a win, two for second and so forth. Ties will be broken based on the finishing
order of segment number three. Sunoco Race Fuels time trials are scheduled for one PM with
racing at two PM.
For more information, please visit www.ProAllStarsSeries.com. or www.WiscassetRaceway.com.
ORDER OF FINISH AutoDealer Magazine 150 Pro All Stars Series Race # 12
Speedway 95 Hermon ME 9/30/03
1) 00 Ben Rowe - Turner ME - Mechanical Services/Superior Image Chev.
2) 29 Scott Chubbuck - Wiscasset ME - Cushman Competition Ford
3) 0 Sam Sessions - S. Paris ME - Call of the Wild RV Chev.
4) 8 Cassius Clark - Farmington ME - S&S Transportation Ford
5) 33 Richie Dearborn - Hollis ME - Chadwick BaRoss/Dayton Sand and Gravel Chev
6) 54 Johnny Clark - Farmingdale, ME - DNK Select/AutoDealer Magazine Chev
7) 84 Scott Mukern - Falmouth ME - Community Pharmacies Dodge
8) 37 Larry Gelinas - Scarborough ME - Watts Racing/Digbys Variety Chev
9) 1 Randy Turner - Freedom ME - Watson Racing Heads Chev
10) 24x Mike Rowe - Turner ME - Carleton Robie Chevrolet
11) 88 Jeff Taylor - Mercer ME - Coca Cola Chev
12) 59 John Phippen - Bar Harbor ME - Blanchard and Gray Chev
13) 60 Dale Shaw - Ctr. Conway NH - American Air Systems/Plum Potter Dodge
14) 12 Rick Martin - Westport MA - G. Lopes Construction Chev
15) 75 Gary Smith - Bangor ME - Sky Burrill/Uncle Henrys Chev
16) 21 Deane Smart - Bradley ME - R.L. Sales Chev
17) 24K Travis Kheil - Denmark ME - Frechette Tire/Beach Cliff Sardines Chev
18) 46 Matt Proc - N. Dighton MA - G. Lopes Construction Chev
19) 83 Donnie Whitten - Biddeford ME - Moody Construction Chev
20) 01X Andy Saunders - Ellsworth ME - Snap-On Chevrolet
21) 38 Chuck LaChance - Cushing Me - Fuller Automall Ford
22) 02 Kenny Wright - Woolwich ME - Newmarket Sand and Gravel Chevrolet
23) 9 Louie Mechalides - Tynsboro MA - MacLellan Sheet Metal Chev
24) 77 Dave Gorveatt - Charlottetown PEI - Johnston Home Style/PEI Potatoes Chev
25) 4 Rich Eaton - Seabrook NH - R.E. Autoworks Chev
26) 17 Travis Benjamin - Morrill ME - Belfast Variety Ford
27) 01 Wayne Helliwell - Pelham NH - Tim Zelonis Excavating Chev